Thom Yorke's "The Eraser"

Posted by prla1983 on January 10, 2007 • 0 commentsEmail This Post

The more you try to erase me, the more I appear.

Proof yet again that Thom Yorke is one of the biggest artists of our generation. "The Eraser" has just today slapped me in the face, and I'm strongly considering it for a late addition to my top of 2006.

Considering my increasing interest in electronic noodling lately, this comes really close to part of what I want to do in the (near? far?) future. For now, it remains a huge inspiration and an album I'm certainly spinning quite a lot in the coming days/weeks (currently in the 4th consecutive play).

This in a way complements my rediscovery of Radiohead, coupled with a discovery (as opposed to a rediscovery, mind you) of Thom Yorke himself. I've always been keen on sincere and soulful voices, such as Tool's Maynard James Keenan and obviously Porcupine Tree's Steven Wilson, but obviously Thom easily fills the top three.

On a side note, it seems Radiohead have been playing new rocking upbeat tunes in their recent 2006 tour, stuff slated for inclusion in the forthcoming album. I hate the "return to the roots" silly advertisement so many people insist on doing these days regarding so many bands even when it's so obviously NOT the case and I refuse to jump on that bandwagon as far as Radiohead or anyone else is concerned. But if these talented guys have decided to take yet another step on evolving their sound, be it forward, backward or sideways, I'm ready to embrace it and get a huge kick out of the result.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home