13 Years

Posted by prla1983 on May 01, 2007 • 0 commentsEmail This Post

It was 13 years ago today that the sports world became poorer after Ayrton Senna died during the Imola Formula 1 Grand Prix, in 1994. I have fragmented memories of that day, I was at our beach place with some people from our family when it all happened. I was only 10 at the time, so I probably didn't understand the full extent and magnitude of what was happening, but Senna was my favorite driver and it was brutal. I couldn't believe it for some three or four days afterwards, like it couldn't be true. And I remember everyone was feeling very uneasy during those hours where no one would say if he made it or not after being taken to the hospital.

And let's not forget Roland Ratzenberger also died earlier on that fatal weekend...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home