Stuff To Check Out Later

Posted by prla1983 on May 07, 2007 • 2 commentsEmail This Post

  • Rome - The Complete HBO Series 1 (6 Disc Box Set) (IMDb)
    Heard nothing but good things about this one and the IMDb rating is huge for almost 5,000 votes. Guess I'll have to pick it up as soon as I get my degree done with.

  • Six Feet Under (IMDb)
    Somehow I ended up buying the second season a couple of years ago without having seen any of the first beforehand (yeah, dumb me). Saw a couple of episodes the first time around and I guess I just wasn't in the right frame of mind because I detested it. One day, a few months later, on a whim, decided to put it on again and it blew me out of the water instantly. Saw the entire season two, and though I'm sure I could have enjoyed it even more had I seen the first season previously, it was still a huge kick. Isabel has the first season (I should know, I gave it to her last Christmas *grin*) so I will pick that up as soon as I got some free time. Looking forward to move on and catch up on seasons three, four and five!

  • The Proposition (IMDb)
    Have had this one lying around (regretfully alongside many others in the same situation) since Cláudio offered it to me last Christmas. Sounds like it can be a very good one, and I really need to see it. Again, time... and the fucking degree out of the way.

  • Dalí and Pablo Picasso (Taschen Basic Art)
    The enlightening and stimulating conversations with Pedro are starting to pay off in a most unexpected way: I'm starting to feel inclined towards learning about painting! Which is a good thing, of course. I'm also really glad I found out about Taschen, because their catalogue is nothing short of amazing. Saw these two at Fnac earlier today, just didn't pick them up right away because, honestly, I'm really low on currency right now. But that's a whole different story...

  • A Letter Concerning Toleration
    Entirely thanks to Pedro again, following a quick chat about tolerating other people's actions and reactions and basically what's that all about. In the end, how to live better with ourselves and alongside the people that we really care about with conflict and unhappiness reduced to a minimum (this could really lend itself to an entire post about it... maybe some day).

    Any thoughts on these ones?

    Labels: , , , , , ,

  • 2 Comments:

    Blogger Enolough said...

    I am flattered! Quoted two times for intruducing modern art and the tolerance issue which is of the most high relevance nowadays.

    Calling our tea-flavoured conversations "enlightening and stimulating" is also very kind ("just not your kind").

    As for living with "conflict and unhappiness reduced to a minimum" Descartes left us with a not so good demonstration on "how to..." in the opening act of his famous book "Discours de la méthode [pour bien conduire sa raison, et chercher la verité dans les sciences]". I trully recomend it.

    I blog, therefore I am.

    Friday, May 18, 2007 3:37:00 pm  
    Blogger prla1983 said...

    Calling our tea-flavoured conversations "enlightening and stimulating" is also very kind ("just not your kind").

    It's not kind, it's true! :-)

    Saturday, May 19, 2007 11:42:00 am  

    Post a Comment

    << Home