Mother tongue

Posted by Enolough on August 12, 2008 • 2 commentsEmail This Post

I love to hear people talking in strange, foreing languages in the streets of my town. Russian, Ukranian, Chinese, French, Spanish, English... Specially if I don't understand them. Gives a touch of melting pot to little Portugal, little Lisbon, little Torres Vedras. Reminds me of the real big cities NY, London, Beijing, Hong Kong, Paris, Dubai...

It's a good sign, me thinks. One day we shall be citizens of the world... all of us!

If we don't burn all the planet before that is :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I share with you the pleasure of being (or, at least, feeling) citizen of the whole world. A sincere smile depicts over my face, when hearing strangers speaking, young people reading their magazines in arabic, chinese, russian languages, while I look at my wonderful city and find new charming corners.
Some years ago, I saw two dumb people talking...They really inspired me (in discovering what I call "fusion of senses")...sometimes we forget all these uncommon and "not-spoken" languages...
...Always try to look at the world from a "different" point of view, from hidden perspectives...

Saturday, August 16, 2008 12:03:00 am  
Blogger Kati said...

But why is it so, why do you love to hear foreign languages? Is it just the sound of the languages, the unknown stories they have or you just imagine they are different. Their dreams and hopes are different, their visions of life, the way they approach to things. Or is it just the variation that you love.

Thursday, September 04, 2008 11:16:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home