The X-Files: I Want To Believe (2008)

Posted by prla1983 on August 09, 2008 • 2 commentsEmail This Post

There's one thing most of my friends have in common. They've seen a lot of X-Files episodes back in the day. Some have seen it all. Oh and they all found Scully (Gillian Anderson) really really hot. My personal involvment with the series has never been more than watching a few episodes here and there a good many years ago when they first aired on Portuguese TV. I remember I liked them quite a lot but never got really hooked. Then I think I saw the first movie but it was during my freshman year at University and that's, well, a little blurry on my mind.

In any case, "The X-Files: I Want To Believe" premiered last week and there's such a lack of quality movies in theaters these days that I thought "...well, let's just go see it". For me it's hard to talk about movies like this that involve many twists and turns without spoiling the fun for whoever reads this and hasn't seen the movie yet. So I'll just go on record saying that despite having a shitload of clichés and not really adding anything new, "The X-Files: I Want To Believe" is pure entertainment and plays like one long 100 minute episode, which I think is what any die-hard X-Files fan is probably looking for in these movies anyway.

I never thought Scully was really hot before but I guess she aged well, let's just say. Mulder inevitably gets dragged from seclusion (one joyful seclusion, it seems) into solving yet another missing person case and guess what.. he's sporting a huge beard. Yeah, well, he eventually shaves, but he really shouldn't have. He lost his sense of humour pretty much at the same time he lost his beard.

I remember that back in the day some of the episodes were really really good. If you're looking for another long episode here, you came to the right place. It may be far from the best of X-Files but it's certainly enough to justify a trip to the nearest theater.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger i said...

o meu embaraçoso problema com os ficheiros secretos: davam lá para as 10h30 da noite e o meu pai mandava-me ir para a cama às 9h30, impreterivelmente. é verdade.
e no dia seguinte todos os meus amigos falavam dos ficheiros secretos, e eu ouvia e tentava não me meter para ninguém descobrir.
portanto a série sabe-me a problemas de socialização :P

Monday, August 11, 2008 4:43:00 pm  
Blogger Kati said...

Fun, scary in times, watching but in my opinion not really quality movie.

Monday, August 11, 2008 8:35:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home